Truck Camping Recipes #1. Pork Green Chile (GLUTEN FREE)
This is one of my favorite meals to make at home before a truck or car camping adventure. I always have some meals pre-prepared and frozen to be brought in the cooler, and can simply heated up once at camp or on the trail. This Pork Green Chili packs some spice and a wholesome amount of pork to fill the belly. Best when enjoyed next to the campfire on a cool evening accompanied by a Modelo Especial!
- 1/4cup Oil (I prefer Lard to give it an authentic Mexican taste)
- 4pounds pork butt, (CHOPPED UP IN CUBES)
- 2large onions (PEELED AND CHOPPED)
- 1tablespoon Ground Cummin
- 1tablespoon ground Corriander
- 1 Tablespoon of Salt
- 1 tablespoon of Crushed Red Pepper(can leave out if you don’t want the spice)
- 1tablespoon oregano
- 4cloves garlic, (MINCED)
- 2Hatch peppers, Can also use Aniheim Peppers as a substitute. (CHOPPED)
- 2 Poblano peppers (CHOPPED)
- 1-2jalapeno peppers (SEEDED AND DICED)
- 1pound tomatillos (PEELED, CLEANED AND CHOPPED)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Bunch of cilantro (chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons of Masa
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- Lime wedges as a garnish
- Green onions for garnish.
1. Prepare the pork to be browned by trimming it into 1-1.5 inch cubes.